CERP’s board of directors held a session ahead of the holidays and gave the green light to sell shares in a total of five companies. The first are concrete steps, ie the privatization procedures of the new Minister of State Property, Mario Banožić. The shares of the Pula group Arena Hospitality are put up for sale through an authorized investment company on the stock exchange, namely a package of 1 percent with an estimated value of HRK 19 million, then 0,93 percent of shares of Zagreb’s FTB Turizm with an estimated value of HRK 3,87 million and Rovinj’s Maistra. whose 0,03 percent of the shares are valued at $ 1,04 million, find out Business diary. A public tender will also offer a package of 0,70 percent of the shares of Novigrad Laguna, with a starting price of HRK 252 per share, or HRK 1,56 million for the entire package. By the same procedure, 0,17 percent of the shares of Tankerska plovidba Zadar are put up for sale, with a starting price of HRK 1745 per share or a total of HRK 1,62 million for the package. In both cases, the price step of the tender was set at five thousand kuna. Source: CERP Source: Poslovni dnevnik / Photo: Maistra
16 Views no discussions Share St Kitts and Nevis Prime Minister Dr Denzil Douglas speaking at the ceremony to install Sir Dennis Byron as president of the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ)BASSETERRE, St Kitts (CUOPM) — Member countries of the Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) are in full support of the Trinidad-based Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ).Speaking at the swearing-in of Sir Dennis Byron as chief justice of the CCJ, St Kitts and Nevis Prime Minister Dr Denzil Douglas said the sub-regional grouping will accede as a unit to the CCJ once some technical issues are clarified.He said the Caribbean Court of Justice is a necessary and significant achievement for the people of the Caribbean.“It represents a needed and crucial break with our colonial past, as we continue our developmental processes as independent countries and people of the Caribbean Community,” said Douglas.He told over 600 invited guests, including a Caribbean president, a prime minister, attorneys general, judges, government officials, legal luminaries and students that it was also a significant recognition of the confidence the OECS has in the judicial expertise and systems of the region.“Let there be no doubt that the CCJ will stand the test of time as an institution that would be noted throughout the world for fairness, professionalism and adherence to the rule of law in its dispensation of justice to our people and the business sector of the Caribbean Community,” said the St Kitts and Nevis prime minister.Douglas placed on record the OECS unwavering support of the CCJ.“The delay in signing on to the appellate jurisdiction of this vital institution comes as a result of a decision that had been taken by member states to accede as a unit to the CCJ. In addition, there are some technical issues that needed clarification. As a consequence, the OECS has sought legal advice to address such matters, and once the issues are resolved, member states will accede to the appellate jurisdiction of the CCJ,” said Douglas.He said, “I say clearly that St Kitts and Nevis, as well as states of the OECS, is in full support of the Caribbean Court of Justice and has full confidence in its continuing positive role, as the region moves forward with its developmental agenda.”Caribbean News Now Share Share NewsRegional OECS to accede to CCJ as one unit, says St Kitts-Nevis PM by: – September 9, 2011 Sharing is caring! Tweet
He was detainedin the lockup cell of the municipal police station. The courtrecommended a P40,000 bail bond for the suspect’s temporarily liberty./PN BACOLOD City –He was listed as the No. 2 most wanted person in the municipal police stationof Candoni, Negros Occidental. The 48-year-oldFernando Valdevia of Purok 4, Barangay Caningay, Candonina was arrested in hisresidence around 9:25 a.m. on Tuesday, a police report showed. Valdevia’sapprehension was staged on the strength of an arrest warrant for the crime ofmurder, it added.
RelatedPosts QPR slap N8.1b on Eberechi Eze Fulham join Eberechi Eze race Joe Hart pens two-year deal with Tottenham Chelsea had the first half-chance of the match in the third minute when Emerson Palmieri found space down the left before delivering a low cross into Pedro, but the Spaniard saw his attempt blocked en route to goal.Michail Antonio had been selected through the middle for West Ham as Sebastien Haller dropped out, and the Englishman caused plenty of problems with his pace and power in the early exchanges.The attacker had a big chance to send the Hammers ahead in the seventh minute when he met a cross from Cresswell, but the ball sailed over the crossbar from close range.Chelsea were carrying a threat down the other end, though, and David Martin – making his Premier League debut as Roberto dropped to the bench – had to keep out a strike from Mason Mount in the eighth minute.Frank Lampard’s side were the team on the front foot as the half continued to gather pace, and Martin was again called into action in the 17th minute to keep out a deflected effort from Pedro.Reece James then found the outside of the post with a deflected cross before Kurt Zouma wide of the target moments later with West Ham riding their luck in the capital.The Hammers did have another chance through Antonio in the 25th minute, though, with the attacker’s header from a Robert Snodgrass cross bringing a fine save from Kepa Arrizabalaga between the home side’s sticks.Without Tammy Abraham through injury, Olivier Giroud was given the nod for Chelsea through the middle, and the France international was finding it difficult to win the physical battle against Angelo Ogbonna.The final chance of the first period fell to Chelsea when Giroud reacted first to a loose save from Martin, but the Hammers goalkeeper did really well to deny the Frenchman having also kept out the initial effort from Mateo Kovacic, meaning that the two teams were level at the break.West Ham took the lead in the 48th minute when Cresswell collected a pass from Fornals before working some space inside the Chelsea box and picking out the bottom corner with a wonderful finish.Chelsea had a half-chance just before the hour when Zouma climbed highest inside the penalty box to meet another corner, but the Frenchman’s effort was always dropping wide of the post.West Ham then had two opportunities of their own from corners, first Ogbonna saw his powerful header saved by Kepa before Antonio somehow failed to bundle home from close range from the next set piece.Chelsea responded by making two changes with Willian and N’Golo Kante both introduced in place of Jorginho and Pedro, with the latter fading after making a bright start to the contest.Antonio thought that he had sent West Ham 2-0 ahead in the 68th minute after smart work from Snodgrass, but VAR ultimately disallowed the attacker’s effort for handball, handing Chelsea a huge lifeline.The Blues were struggling to make things happen as the match continued to develop, though, and West Ham’s lead still stood entering the final 10 minutes of action at Stamford Bridge.James tried his luck from distance in the 82nd minute, but the right-back’s effort was always rising over the crossbar with the Hammers still ahead in the capital.Pulisic had the home side’s best chance late on after breaking into the penalty box, but the United States international fired just wide as West Ham held on for a huge win.Next up for Chelsea is a home game against Aston Villa on Wednesday, while West Ham will visit Wolverhampton Wanderers on the same night. Tags: Emerson PalmieriWest Ham
Fort Lauderdale Police Chief Rick Maglione has been removed from his position as the head of the department.Maglione has served as the police chief since 2016, when he served as the interim chief, before officially taking on the job in 2017.Karen Dietrich will serve as the interim chief for the time being.Maglione will stay on with the department in an unspecified role.
LAS VEGAS: Professional boxer Floyd Mayweather has taken a dig at UFC fighter Conor McGregor who announced his shock retirement from the sport on Sunday.Mayweather slammed McGregor’s decision to end his career but warned him that if he ever decides to return, he will be waiting to ‘punish him’ again. The American had defeated McGregor in the 10th round of a boxing match in 2017. McGregor uploaded a photo of a cake on his Instagram account and it had a message engraved which read: “Happy retirement daddy”. On this photo, Mayweather replied: “If I’m not mistaken, didn’t you tell Mike Tyson you could beat me if we fought a second time? Now you’re quitting! I thought you wanted to beat the best? Well, if you decide to come back, I will be waiting to punish you again.” This is not the first time McGregor has decided to quit fighting as he had earlier tweeted twice about retirement, both times when he was involved in arguments with the UFC. His last fight came in January against Donald ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone which he won and he has since expressed interest to face a number of opponents. He was tied this summer to face current top lightweight contender Justin Gaethje. A trilogy fight with Nate Diaz was also something he expressed interest in repeatedly and had also tweeted on May 28 that he had accepted a proposal for a fight against MMA legend Anderson Silva. IANSAlso watch: An exclusive with Ipsita Bharali only on the Sentinel Assam
Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditNo. 13 seed Northwestern (8-22, 3-17) vs. No. 12 seed Minnesota (14-16, 8-12)Big Ten Tourney First Round, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Indianapolis; Wednesday, 5 p.m. EDTBOTTOM LINE: Northwestern and Minnesota are prepared to square off in the first round of the Big Ten tourney. Minnesota swept the two-game regular season series. The teams last met on Feb. 23, when the Golden Gophers outshot Northwestern 48.4 percent to 38.7 percent and made 11 more 3-pointers en route to a 26-point victory. LEADING THE CHARGE: The dynamic Daniel Oturu has averaged a double-double (20 points, 11.4 rebounds and 2.5 blocks) to lead the way for the Golden Gophers. Marcus Carr has complemented Oturu and is accounting for 15.5 points, 5.3 rebounds and 6.7 assists per game. The Wildcats are led by Miller Kopp, who is averaging 13.2 points.CREATING OFFENSE: Carr has either made or assisted on 44 percent of all Minnesota field goals over the last five games. Carr has accounted for 32 field goals and 34 assists in those games.PASSING FOR POINTS: The Wildcats have recently used assists to create baskets more often than the Golden Gophers. Minnesota has 46 assists on 93 field goals (49.5 percent) across its previous three contests while Northwestern has assists on 45 of 74 field goals (60.8 percent) during its past three games.DID YOU KNOW: The Northwestern offense has recorded a turnover on only 15.7 percent of its possessions, which is the 18th-lowest rate in the nation. The Minnesota defense has forced opposing teams to turn the ball over on just 16.1 percent of all possessions (ranked 333rd among Division I teams).___ Northwestern, Minnesota meet in Big Ten tourney Associated Press March 9, 2020 For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25___This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com
HAMILTON, Bermuda, (CMC) – Cup Match, Bermuda’s premier domestic cricket fixture between Somerset and St George’s, has been cancelled this year for the first time in its 118-year history, because of the global COVID-19 pandemic.The two clubs, based at each end of the island, made the announcement in a joint release on Wednesday, ending weeks of speculation over the annual game as the island continues to deal with the virus which has killed nine people on the island.“Somerset Cricket Club and St George’s Cricket Club wish to advise the public that the 2020 Cup Match has been cancelled. This decision has been taken in light of the global pandemic and following consideration of all relevant information and advice from key stakeholders,” they said in their statement.The clubs said while they understood the historic and cultural significance of the match, “after much deliberation, it has been concluded that the health and safety of spectators, club officials and players is of greatest significance during these uncertain and unprecedented times”.The mid-summer classic which began as a friendly match between two lodges had been played each year since 1902 without interruption. Somerset, the titleholders, had been due to host the two-day game – which has been accompanied by a two-day national holiday since 1947 – on July 30 and 31.“The classic is one of the most festive times of the year and we encourage all fans of Cup Match to celebrate the two days with friends and family while reflecting on its origins and adhering to any mandated health guidelines,” the clubs added.On Tuesday, organisers of the Eastern Counties Cup, a four-team event, also announced this year’s tournament had been abandoned. Western Counties and Central Counties, which are less popular than their Eastern counterpart, have yet to make a decision about their tournaments.Whether any cricket is played in Bermuda this season remains to be seen. The Bermuda Cricket Board, which does not have control over Cup Match or the County matches, is still weighing its options. While any regular 50-over cricket is unlikely, sources say some Twenty20 games may be played.The independent Evening Cricket League, which features seven teams in each of two divisions, says it is awaiting government approval to start its season, which normally gets underway in early May.
The football community has rallied around Chapecoense following the tragic events of Monday night.A plane carrying the Brazilian club to Colombia for their Copa Sudamericana final first leg against Atletico Nacional crashed en route.The Serie A side were scheduled to play at Medellin’s Estadio Atanasio Girardot on Wednesday but the plane, carrying 72 passengers and nine crew, crashed on its way to Medellin from Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia, leaving only five surivvors.Authorities reported that the plane declared an emergency at 22.00 local time (03.00GMT) with an electrical failure. The plane is understood to have come down in Cerro Gordo in the municipality of La Union.Figures across the football world have since taken to social media to show their support for Chapecoense.In a related development, Colombian club Atletico Nacional called on football authorities yesterday to hand the Copa Sudamericana title to their opponents, Brazilian side Chapecoense, as a tribute to the team’s players killed in a plane crash.The Colombian side made the request to regional football confederation Conmebol in a statement.It asked of Conmebol “that the Copa Sudamericana title be handed to Chapecoense Football Association as an honorary trophy for its great loss, and as a posthumous homage to the victims of the fatal accident that has put our sport in mourning.”Chapecoense and Atletico Nacional were supposed to have faced off today in the first leg of the final of the Copa Sudamericana, the second most prestigious club football tournament in South America after the Copa Libertadores.Conmebol said in a statement earlier that the match was suspended until further notice.“We are in contact with the authorities and are waiting for official reports.”A source close to Conmebol told AFP it was “very unlikely” that the final would ever be played.Nine members of the Brazilian team did not travel to Colombia.Chapecoense Real had risen from obscurity to reach the Copa Sudamericana finals.The LAMIA airlines charter declared an emergency at around 10:00 pm (0300 GMT Tuesday), reporting it had suffered “electrical failures,” and crashed a short time later near the city of Medellin, officials said.Authorities said just six of the 81 people on board were thought to have survivedBrazil Football Giants Offer to Loan PlayersThree of Brazil’s leading clubs have said they will offer players to Chapecoense, after the majority of their squad died in a plane crash.Chapecoense players and officials died when their plane crashed on its approach to Medellin, Colombia.They were travelling to play in the Copa Sudamericana final first leg, and opponents Atletico Nacional have asked for Chapecoense to be awarded the cup.Flamengo, Palmeiras and Sao Paulo are the clubs to have offered help.Sao Paulo, who have won six national titles, also said Chapecoense should be exempt from relegation to Brazilian football’s second tier for the next three seasons as they attempt to rebuild the club.Colombia’s civil aviation body says only six of the 81 people aboard the plane survived the crash, which was blamed on an electrical fault.At least two of the survivors are footballers. They were confirmed to be defender Alan Ruschel and reserve goalkeeper Jackson Follman.A statement by Fox Sports Latin America said that six employees from its Brazil operation died in the crash.In the aftermath of the 1958 Munich air disaster, both Liverpool and Nottingham Forest offered to loan players to Manchester United, and players from non-league Bishop Auckland featured for the Red Devils.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
Syracuse forward Jerami Grant will declare for the 2014 NBA Draft.Pete Thamel of Sports Illustrated reported the decision early Monday afternoon before SU Athletics released an announcement two hours later.“After extensive discussions with my family and coaches, I have decided to pursue my dream of playing professional basketball and enter the 2014 NBA Draft,” Grant said in the release. “I am so thankful to Coach Boeheim and the rest of the Orange coaching staff for guiding me throughout my college career, and am grateful to my teammates for two incredible seasons.”Grant is being projected as a mid-to-late first-round pick in most mock drafts after averaging 12.1 points and 6.8 rebounds as a sophomore this season. He was limited down the stretch by a sore back, and managed just four points on 2-of-3 shooting in SU’s season-ending loss to Dayton in the NCAA Tournament Round of 32 on March 22.“I am excited to start my journey in the NBA, but I also look forward to finishing my college degree,” Grant said. “I cannot thank my coaches, teammates and the entire Orange community enough for all of their support.”AdvertisementThis is placeholder textOne NBA scout told The Daily Orange that he expects Grant to face an uphill battle for minutes early in his professional career, and will likely spend time on the bench or in the NBA Development League.Grant becomes the second Orange underclassman to declare for the draft this offseason after freshman point guard Tyler Ennis announced his departure on March 27. Syracuse is also losing starting power forward C.J. Fair to graduation.“We’d like to thank Jerami for his tremendous contribution to Syracuse basketball over the last two years,” SU head coach Jim Boeheim said in the release. “We wish him well in all of his future endeavors.”The SU frontcourt will add five-star signee Chris McCullough next season, who is currently playing for IMG Academy in Florida and will compete in the Jordan Brand Classic on Friday. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on April 14, 2014 at 2:03 pm Contact Stephen: firstname.lastname@example.org | @Stephen_Bailey1