Jun 25 FSIS release about Kroger ground beef recallhttp://www.fsis.usda.gov/News_&_Events/R01-2008_Release/index.asp Meanwhile, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said yesterday that as of Jun 27, 35 cases had been linked to the outbreak though epidemiological studies and genetic fingerprinting, including 17 in Michigan and 18 in Ohio. Illness onset dates range from May 30 to Jun 14, the CDC reported. Nineteen patients have been hospitalized, and one developed hemolytic uremic syndrome, a sometimes-fatal kidney condition. No deaths have been reported. Though the recalled products originally bore the establishment number “EST. 19336,” retail products subject to the recall will not carry that mark because they were further processed at other establishments, the agency said. The recalled products, totaling 531,707 pounds, consist of trim, chuck, and other components typically processed into ground beef. Jun 30 FSIS press releasehttp://www.fsis.usda.gov/News_&_Events/Recall_022_2008_Release/index.asp Nebraska Beef, Ltd., located in Omaha, was identified as a supplier of beef to certain Kroger grocery stores in Michigan and Ohio, according to a press release from the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS). On Jun 25, Kroger recalled an undetermined amount of its ground beef from stores in Michigan and central and northwestern Ohio with sell-by dates ranging from May 21 to Jun 8. The trace-back investigation has revealed that ground beef samples from two federally-inspected establishments supplied by Nebraska Beef and multiple samples of Kroger ground beef from patients’ homes were contaminated with E coli matching the outbreak strain, the FSIS reported. See also: Jul 1, 2008 (CIDRAP News) The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced yesterday that a Nebraska company has recalled about 530,000 pounds of beef after the company’s products were implicated in an Escherichia coli O157:H7 outbreak that has sickened 35 people in Michigan and Ohio. Jun 30 CDC press releasehttp://www.cdc.gov/ecoli/june2008outbreak/index.html
An 18-year-old from Tangerang, Banten, has been named a suspect by the Tangerang Police for allegedly vandalizing a mushola (Muslim prayer room).The suspect, identified only as S, has confessed to the police, who have seized several pieces of evidence from his residence. “We will charge the suspect under Article 156 of the Criminal Code for committing an act that could spark tension between religions, as well as inciting hate toward certain religious groups,” Tangerang Police chief Sr. Comr. Ade Ary Syam Indardi said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com. Ade went on to say that the police were currently investigating the suspect. The investigators will invite several experts ranging from linguists and psychologists to religion experts to support the investigation.Read also: Vandalized building in North Sulawesi not mosque, authorities sayAccording to Ade, S confessed willingly because he thought his actions were justified.“We are still trying to find out [his motive]. We are still investigating websites and content that he accessed through his mobile phone,” Ade said. Previously, residents of Villa Tangerang Elok housing complex in Pasar Kemis district, Tangerang, exposed the vandalism at the Darussalam Mushola on Tuesday evening on social media, which later went viral.The culprit has painted over the mushola’s floor and wall with spray paint, as well as tearing a Quran apart. (dpk)Topics :
PMT following a different policy than PME is unusual, as both metal schemes have outsourced their investments to MN, and have been hinting at a possible merger for several years.PMT said it wanted to monitor carbon emissions closely, but preferred engagement with high emitters as a way to achieve reductions.The pension fund explained that it favours an “inclusive energy transition”, which takes into account the effects on staff.It added that it considered exclusion an ultimate remedy for companies that haven’t introduced a climate strategy within two years.Recently, PME said it wanted to reduce carbon emissions by 25% through engagement with the 10 highest emitting companies in its portfolio.If the dialogue fails, it could lead to exclusion of these firms as of next year, according to PME. Dutch pension fund PMT does not intend to set a target for the reduction of carbon emissions from its equity holdings, going against a trend among the largest schemes in the Netherlands.A spokesman for the €67bn pension fund for the metalworking and mechanical engineering industry explained that its investment policy was closely linked to its sector, with comprises 33,000 employers of predominantly production companies, but also garages and fitters.“The industry is carbon-sensitive, with many firms emitting CO2 as well as using fossil fuels,” the spokesman said. “Our rank and file comprises of companies that are ahead in energy transition but also firms that are about to start a transition to low carbon management.”Since 2015, civil service scheme ABP, healthcare pension fund PFZW, metal scheme PME, and BpfBOUW, the pension fund for the building sector, have decided to reduce carbon emissions in their portfolios by up to 50% by 2020.
By Randy Pospishilsports@norfolkdailynews.comNORFOLK, Neb. (May 5) – Tejay Mielke won the IMCA Sunoco Stock Car feature Saturday at Off Road Speedway, leading all 15 laps with second and third place finishers Tiffany Bittner and Chad Bruns maintaining those positions throughout the race as well.Ramsey Meyer won his second straight Mach-1 Sport Compact feature, needing just three laps to get to the front from a back row starting position. Tanner Uehling finished second with Jeremy Shell taking third.In the IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stocks, Cameron Wilkinson led wire-to-wire from the pole position while several cars competed for second and third place behind him throughout the race. Ultimately, Sal Hernandez secured second place with Dusty Poessnecker in third.In the Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMod feature, Cameron Meyer took the lead five laps into the 20-lap event and held it until the final lap, with Wes Hochstein and James Roebuck in pursuit, when the trio caught up to several lapped cars.With no place to go coming out of turn two, Meyer found himself stymied, allowing both Hochstein and Roebuck, who were on the outside, to pass and finish in first and second place, respectively, with Meyer taking third.
Brookville, In. — Franklin County High School Marching Band members spent spring break in Florida at Universal Studios.The students were able to learn about what happens behind-the-scenes during music and movie production. The recorded music for a portion of the movie “Despicable Me” and did voice acting. The final recording is being edited at the studio and will be forwarded to the band when complete.The group also visited the Kennedy Space Center.
Biggar’s right boot made it 24-0 and Connacht dug deep to avoid a further concession before the interval, getting their reward with an early second half penalty from Carty. Carty fired over his second penalty in the 49th minute with the Connacht pack finally building some momentum. They pressed from two lineout mauls in the Ospreys’ 22, the second one producing a power packed drive that earned flanker Masterson a well-taken try. Carty’s successful conversion from the left closed the gap to 11 points, the home crowd urging the province on as John Cooney, Robbie Henshaw and Fionn Carr came more into the game. The wind and rain of the final quarter saw the subdued Ospreys struggle for territory and Connacht, with retiring lock Michael Swift now on, kept pressing for scores. At one stage on a dramatic final day, Pat Lam’s charges were down to eighth in the table as Edinburgh edged ahead of Leinster at BT Murrayfield. But Leinster did Connacht a big favour by winning that game and Buckley bundled his way over from close range to give the westerners a further boost ahead of next week’s play-off trip to Kingsholm. The Ospreys missed out on home advantage in the Guinness PRO12 play-offs as they failed to score in the second half of their 24-20 win over Connacht. A bonus point try would have been enough to see the Welsh side finish in second spot above Munster, but they were unable to add to their three-try first half performance at the Sportsground. That means Steve Tandy’s men will have a return trip to Ireland when they visit Munster at Thomond Park in a mouth-watering semi-final next Saturday. Press Association Just as table toppers Glasgow did in Galway three weeks ago, the Ospreys gave Connacht a lesson in creating opportunities and finishing them in the opening 40 minutes as Dan Biggar, Ben John and Rhys Webb all touched down. However, with the wind behind them after the break, Connacht duly ate into their 24-0 deficit with Jack Carty kicking two penalties and Eoghan Masterson scoring a maul try. A last-minute seven-pointer from Denis Buckley earned the Irish province a deserved losing bonus point. Their efforts over the season saw them secure a best-ever finish of seventh which sets up a European Champions Cup qualification play-off away to Gloucester next Sunday. Determined to stay in the Champions Cup hunt, Connacht missed an early chance to break downfield as winger Matt Healy failed to hold onto Bundee Aki’s offload, and the Ospreys gradually took control. The visitors’ scrum set up a monster penalty chance for Biggar and he took it with aplomb, splitting the posts from just inside his half. Playing into the wind, Connacht struggled to make headway and they leaked the first try in the 15th minute when coughing up their own scrum ball. Number 8 Dan Baker’s well-timed pass unleashed the Ospreys midfield and Biggar sent John crashing through before taking the return pass to go in under the posts and convert. John turned try scorer 10 minutes later, Baker taking it up the field before Webb’s flat delivery sent the outside centre through two poor attempted tackles from Buckley and Tom McCartney. Biggar turned it into a seven-pointer. Eli Walker was next to threaten on a kick chase, Carty getting back to rescue the home side, but a classy break involving Dan Evans and Hanno Dirksen then laid on a try for the supporting Webb, who made a late trip to Galway following the birth of his second child yesterday.
–company gives sponsorship to Berbice and East CoastGUYANA Beverage Inc., on Friday, threw their support behind cricket in a major way by sponsoring the upcoming Busta East Coast T20 tournament as well the Berbice ‘Champion of Champions’ 40-Overs competition.Manager Raymond Govinda presented the two respective cheques to Hilbert Foster, President of the Berbice Cricket Board (BCB) and Mr. Chandrapaul Pickaram of the Busta Enterprise Sports Club, during yesterday afternoon’s launching held at the company’s Diamond, EBD location.Foster will spearhead the upcoming Champion of Champions 40 Overs match in Berbice, 1st division tournament which has been on the rise since its birth in 2004. The tournament is slated to bowl off on Monday November 11, and features 11 teams playing in a knockout format.The Busta T20, one of the biggest cricket tournaments held on the East Coast annually, will be hosting its tenth edition of the competition. Chandrapaul stated that it was good to see the partnership between the Enterprise Club, which was practically adopted by the Busta soft drink brand, continue to blossom over the years.He said the sponsorship over the years has helped the club to develop but also produce a few Guyana and West Indies players. He thanked Guyana Beverage Inc. for their vision and trust in the development of cricket on the East Coast of Demerara.Govinda, during his brief remarks, said that the company, over the years, has thrown its support behind all facets of sports locally and cricket is no different. He highlighted that it is the company’s social responsibility to give back to the youths and to help encourage more youngsters to follow up sports and divert from any negative paths that present itself in life.The Busta T20 tourney is set to bowl off from November 16 and will feature some 16 teams battling it out for bragging rights and spoils.
The two sides will be playing together for the first time after the 2010 friendly international match ended which ended with a 2-2 draw.Ukraine will be hoping to improve on their last season performance by ensuring they secure their spot in League A. On the other hand, Switzerland, who have had four wins from six games in the last year, will want to better their record in the present format of the competition by advancing from the group stage.GOtv’s coverage of the Nations League will continue, Friday, when Northern Ireland, hosts Romania in a group clash. This will be broadcast live on SuperSport LaLiga, GOtv channel 32 at 7:45pm.On Saturday, European team Denmark, will take on Belgium in the Nations League match which airs live at 7:45pmon SuperSport LaLiga, GOtv channel 32.Coach Oberto Martínez is hopeful his team, Belgium, will put their best foot forward and clinch a much needed victory for their home fans while Kasper Hjulmad of Denmark is looking forward to seeing Bruun Larsen prove himself worthy to be on the team.The weekend coverage will be completed with the broadcast of the clash between Serbia and Turkey on Sunday at 7:45pm. The encounter will be aired live on SuperSport LaLiga, channel 32.On Monday, league B will feature the match between Czech Republic and Scotland. The game which begins at 7:45pmon SuperSport LaLiga will see Scotland seeking to recover from their loss to Czech Republic who have won four of their six meetings with the former.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram A series of top-flight games involving elite European teams across various football, competitions will be aired live on GOtv this week.The games scheduled to hold from today, 3rd September to Monday, 7th Septemberwill be broadcast live on SuperSport Football (GOtv channel 31) to GOtv Jolli and Max customers and on SuperSport LaLiga (GOtv channel 32) exclusive to GOtv Max customers.At the peak of the pack is the match fixture of the 2020/2021 UEFA Nations League between Ukraine and Switzerland at Arena L’viv stadium. The game kicks off at 7:45pm on Thursdayand will be aired live on SuperSport Football, GOtv channel 31.
Class of 2016 three-star Syracuse target Christian Colon included the Orange in his top five schools on Friday, he announced via Twitter. The defensive tackle also included Penn State, North Carolina, Maryland and UCLA in his top choices, and included Pittsburgh as a sub-option.The junior is listed at 6 feet 3 inches and 303 pounds and has offers from 19 schools, according to Scout.com. He’s ranked as the 30th-best defensive tackle in the class by ESPN and the 57th by 247Sports.com.According to MaxPreps, the Independence (North Carolina) High School lineman recorded 74 tackles, six for loss, and two sacks as a sophomore.Colon played his freshman season at SouthLake Christian (North Carolina) Academy, and was teammates with Class of 2016 four-star running back Robert Washington, who verbally committed to SU on April 25.Since Washington’s commitment, he has openly tried to help attract other players to Syracuse.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textThe Orange’s Class of 2016 includes Washington, two-star wide receiver Sadiq Palmer and two-star offensive tackle Cam DeGeorge. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on May 22, 2015 at 2:33 pm Contact Paul: firstname.lastname@example.org | @pschweds
It was a mixed transfer deadline day for Eoin Doyle and James Mc Lean.Doyle who’s the top scorer in England so far this season with 25 goals completed his switch to Cardiff but James Mc Leans move to Celtic was blocked by Wigan.It was Chelsea who made the biggest signing of the day. They used the money from the sale of Andre Schurrle and Ryan Bertrand to buy winger Juan Cuadrado from Italian side Fiorentina.Manchester United sold Wilfred Zaha back to Crystal Palace on a 5 and half year deal.