Harassment and bullying in the workplace have shot to the top of the list ofstaff complaints. Research published in IRS Employment Review, shows a huge increase inharassment and bullying claims. Last year, pay and grading issues were employees’ most common complaints,with relatively few cases concerned with bullying or harassment. Janet Egan, who carried out the research, said bullying may now top the listof complaints because of a greater awareness of the issues. She said there was”increasing encouragement and support for employees raising these types ofconcerns”. “We are surprised by the prominence of this issue as severalorganisations operate separate bullying and harassment policies and procedures.”IRS warns employers that if complaints are not dealt with quickly andefficiently, a worker with a grievance can quickly turn into an ex-employeewith a costly employment tribunal claim. “User-friendly, prompt and effective formal grievance procedures areessential to internal dispute resolution,” Egan said. She added that informal procedures are preferable if they can effectivelysort out disputes or complaints, such as those promoted by Acas. “The consensus from our research seems to be: do have effective formalcomplaints procedures in place, but try to resolve disputes informallyfirst.” Based on 75 responses from HR managers across the private and publicsectors, the research shows that more than one in three organisations have seenunresolved grievances lead to employment tribunal claims in the past threeyears. It also shows that while six in 10 employers believe their policies meet therequirements of the Employment Act 2002, at least four in 10 employers willneed to make changes to comply with the legislation. By Quentin Reade www.irsemploymentreview.comTop employee complaints – 2002– Harassment/bullying 45%– Discipline 27%– New working practices 23%– Grading 22%– Discrimination 18%– Work allocation/staffing levels 17% – Non-pay terms and conditions 17%– Pay 15%– Health and safety 2%Source: IRS Employment Review Bullies fight way to top employee complaintsOn 10 Sep 2002 in Personnel Today Previous Article Next Article Comments are closed. Related posts:No related photos.
View all photos READ: Driver previews: The Chase MORE: View all articlesView all videos Check out the full list of drivers competing in the Geico 400 READ: Race breakdowns: The Chase The full entry list for Sunday’s Sprint Cup Series race at Chicagoland Speedway. FULL SERIES COVERAGE READ: Top 10 Chase moments READ: Fantasy preview: The Chase
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York A North Babylon teenager has been accused of threatening to blow up a federal government building over the weekend, Suffolk County police said.A West Babylon resident reported receiving a call Saturday night from the suspect who said that a bomb was in the victim’s home and that a U.S. government building was the target of a bombing, police said.Emergency Service Section investigators responded, searched the home and found no explosive devices.The FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force and First Squad detectives tracked the caller down and arrested him Monday.The teen was charged with falsely reporting an incident. His name was not released because he is being charged as a juvenile.He was released to the custody of his parents and is scheduled to appear in Family Court at a later date.
Jun 25 FSIS release about Kroger ground beef recallhttp://www.fsis.usda.gov/News_&_Events/R01-2008_Release/index.asp Meanwhile, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) said yesterday that as of Jun 27, 35 cases had been linked to the outbreak though epidemiological studies and genetic fingerprinting, including 17 in Michigan and 18 in Ohio. Illness onset dates range from May 30 to Jun 14, the CDC reported. Nineteen patients have been hospitalized, and one developed hemolytic uremic syndrome, a sometimes-fatal kidney condition. No deaths have been reported. Though the recalled products originally bore the establishment number “EST. 19336,” retail products subject to the recall will not carry that mark because they were further processed at other establishments, the agency said. The recalled products, totaling 531,707 pounds, consist of trim, chuck, and other components typically processed into ground beef. Jun 30 FSIS press releasehttp://www.fsis.usda.gov/News_&_Events/Recall_022_2008_Release/index.asp Nebraska Beef, Ltd., located in Omaha, was identified as a supplier of beef to certain Kroger grocery stores in Michigan and Ohio, according to a press release from the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS). On Jun 25, Kroger recalled an undetermined amount of its ground beef from stores in Michigan and central and northwestern Ohio with sell-by dates ranging from May 21 to Jun 8. The trace-back investigation has revealed that ground beef samples from two federally-inspected establishments supplied by Nebraska Beef and multiple samples of Kroger ground beef from patients’ homes were contaminated with E coli matching the outbreak strain, the FSIS reported. See also: Jul 1, 2008 (CIDRAP News) The US Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced yesterday that a Nebraska company has recalled about 530,000 pounds of beef after the company’s products were implicated in an Escherichia coli O157:H7 outbreak that has sickened 35 people in Michigan and Ohio. Jun 30 CDC press releasehttp://www.cdc.gov/ecoli/june2008outbreak/index.html
IF BAFFERT TRAINEE WINS TRIPLE CROWN, ISIDRO MORENO WILL WIN $1 MILLION –30– ARCADIA, Calif. (April 5, 2015)–At 17 hands and roughly 1,200 pounds, Bob Baffert’s undefeated Santa Anita Derby winning Dortmund is obviously big on stature and long on talent. Dedicated racing fan Isidro Moreno is hoping the striking chestnut colt by Big Brown has coattails as well, as Moreno, his wife Maria Blanca and their three children are counting on him to win racing’s Triple Crown and thus carry them to a $1 million bonus in the second annual Santa Anita Derby Millionaire Contest.A resident of Pacoima, Moreno, who is a full-time groom at the Los Angeles Equestrian Center, took the day off of work and celebrated his 42nd birthday by attending the races on Saturday with his wife and youngest daughter, Mariah.Upon arriving at the track, he entered the Santa Anita Derby Millionaire Contest, whereupon he drew favored Dortmund, while five other fans had their individual hopes pinned on his competition. With $1,000 win bets provided by Santa Anita in-hand, the six contestants watched the 78th Santa Anita Derby intently from the Winner’s Circle as Dortmund dusted the competition by 4 ¼ lengths and improved his record to a perfect six for six.Off at 3-5, Dortmund paid $3.20 to win and thus provided Isidro with a tidy birthday profit of $1,600. Santa Anita will provide Moreno with a $7,500 win ticket on Dortmund in the Kentucky Derby May 2, and if he wins there, an additional $10,000 win wager in the Preakness Stakes on May 16. And, if Dortmund becomes the first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed in 1978, Moreno will win the $1 million Santa Anita Derby bonus on Belmont Stakes Day, June 6.When asked what he would do with a million dollar pot of Derby gold, Moreno responded, “We wouldn’t buy a car or take a fancy trip. We have three kids and we’d like to buy a house.” Moreno’s daughter, Mariah, quickly stated that she wanted her dad to “buy a puppy.”The Santa Anita Derby Contest, which was initiated last year, was nearly hit, as Eddie Espinoza of Whittier followed California Chrome through victories in the Santa Anita Derby, Kentucky Derby and Preakness before meeting defeat with a fourth place run in the 2014 Belmont.Here’s hoping the Isidro Moreno family gets the house they’ve always wanted–and a puppy in the window as well.
Roberto Di Matteo is interested in taking over at Aston Villa – and will quit Chelsea if he is only offered a one-year deal as manager at Stamford Bridge, according to The Sun.Villa are looking for a manager after recently sacking Alex McLeish, and former West Brom boss Di Matteo still owns a house in the Midlands.It is claimed he is troubled by suggestions he may be asked to take on the Blues job for next season to see how he fares– and would refuse such an offer.Apparently interested in the Aston Villa hotseat.There has been speculation that owner Roman Abramovich is looking to make a short-term appointment until he can persuade Pep Guardiola to take charge.It was recently reported that former England boss Fabio Capello would be prepared to take over on the understanding that Guardiola may succeed him in the next year or two.The Daily Mail say Chelsea are to offer new contracts to Frank Lampard, Michael Essien and Florent Malouda, and are looking to replace Didier Drogba with another Ivorian – CSKA Moscow striker Seydou Doumbia.The Mail also report that Chelsea defender David Luiz is hoping to play for Brazil at this summer’s Olympics.And the Daily Star claim Arsenal are now in the race to sign Lille’s Belgian starlet Eden Hazard, who is said to be close to a move to Chelsea.Meanwhile, Joey Barton’s 12-match ban has inevitably led to fresh speculation about his future.The Daily Mirror say he is facing the sack by QPR and is considering appealing against the FA’s punishment.The Daily Star also suggest Barton will lodge an appeal which, if unsuccessful, could result in the player’s ban being extended to 14 matches.Wednesday’s QPR quiz: Bad boy BartonDoes Barton deserve to be sacked by QPR? Click here to voteWednesday’s Chelsea quiz: Farewell Didier Follow West London Sport on Twitter Find us on Facebook
Over 6 hrs and 45 minutes of footage with 5 audio channels and #PluralEyes is working it’s tail off… pic.twitter.com/Zb8alpvcwj — Kanen Flowers (@iamKanen) December 3, 2013 Ever wondered what the editors timeline looks like on an Oscar winning film? Check out these images to get a closer look!Oscar winning editor Mark Sanger showed off this screengrab from his timeline of the opening sequence to Gravity, in a talk he gave at the Avid booth during NAB 2014.It’s interesting to see how many layers of video are involved in keeping the timeline together, the extensive use of markers and the native filters and effects he’s used too. For a really, really extensive round up of the making of Gravity, check out this post.Tons of TimelinesWe’ve taken to Twitter to roundup the following timeline screenshots from our favorite editors. Click on the embedded images to get a look at these timelines in all their glory!
The Filipino duo of Jemyca Aribado and Yvone Alyssa Dalida entered the women’s doubles semifinals in squash after beating the Thai tandem of Suviva Kitvijarn and Tuddaw Thamronglarp, 11-4, in the 29th Southeast Asian Games Tuesday.Aribado and Dalida, who drew a bye in the round of 16, arranged a duel with Malaysia’s Chan Yiwen and Nazihah Haris in the semis.ADVERTISEMENT Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next NATO’s aging eye in the sky to get a last overhaul SEA Games: PH fencers add 1 gold, 2 silvers, 1 bronze to medal haul Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’ LATEST STORIES Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ The two easily ousted the Thais despite Dalida’s health issues. Dalida played with a strained right hand.The semis matchup against the hometown bets is on Tuesday, 8 p.m.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games openingThe men’s team, however, wasn’t so fortunate as Reymark Begornia and Robert Garcia were ousted by Ong Sai Hung and Mohd Farez Izwan of Malaysia, 11-2, 11-6. Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong protesters Pagasa: Storm intensifies as it nears PAR Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games05:25PH boxing team determined to deliver gold medals for PH03:04Filipino athletes share their expectations for 2019 SEA Games00:45Onyok Velasco see bright future for PH boxing in Olympics02:25PH women’s volleyball team motivated to deliver in front of hometown crowd01:27Filipino athletes get grand send-off ahead of SEA Games00:36Manny Pacquiao part of 2019 SEA Games opening ceremony MOST READ Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side View comments
If you are hoping to spend the bank holiday watching men’s county cricket, then good luck. There are four Royal London One-Day Cup matches at Northampton, Leicester, Derby and Leeds – fine for those on the Midland Mainline and in Yorkshire, less so for everyone else – which feels like a squandered opportunity in an Ashes and World Cup summer. Others, though, glimpse an opening. Monday brings the launch of the inaugural Women’s County Cricket Day, which takes inspiration from football’s Non‑League Day by trying to encourage more cricket fans to support their local women’s team.Unlike men’s cricket, there is no distinction between first-class and minor counties, and 32 of the 39 counties will be competing in 16 matches. The attempt to shine an overdue spotlight on the women’s county game comes at an intriguing but uncertain time. In recent weeks, several players have revealed they have had to pay for their own kit and travel, occasionally play on lousy pitches and often barely getting a presence on their county website.Somerset’s Cassie Combes says: “What often shocks people is we are putting out more financially than we are getting back. We don’t get paid and the mileage we are given for games has gone down from 30p to 15p. That doesn’t even cover my petrol, let alone the wear and tear on my car.“We love representing our county, but people in the game need to understand that what was supportive to women’s cricket 10 years ago isn’t good enough now. Things are changing for the better in women’s sport at such a rapid state. But cricket risks being left behind.”Combes is delighted that more counties are promoting the game to young girls. “However, it seems so hypocritical when they do that but then their women’s teams don’t even have a media day.” … we have a small favour to ask. More people are reading and supporting The Guardian’s independent, investigative journalism than ever before. And unlike many new organisations, we have chosen an approach that allows us to keep our journalism accessible to all, regardless of where they live or what they can afford. But we need your ongoing support to keep working as we do.The Guardian will engage with the most critical issues of our time – from the escalating climate catastrophe to widespread inequality to the influence of big tech on our lives. At a time when factual information is a necessity, we believe that each of us, around the world, deserves access to accurate reporting with integrity at its heart.Our editorial independence means we set our own agenda and voice our own opinions. Guardian journalism is free from commercial and political bias and not influenced by billionaire owners or shareholders. This means we can give a voice to those less heard, explore where others turn away, and rigorously challenge those in power.We need your support to keep delivering quality journalism, to maintain our openness and to protect our precious independence. Every reader contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support The Guardian from as little as $1 – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. Share on WhatsApp Share on Messenger The Observer Share on LinkedIn The agent Allen Blackford, who represents four England women, says he shares many of those concerns. A passionate advocate of the women’s game, he fears the sport has not capitalised on England winning the World Cup in 2017. “I hear lots of talk but not much action,” he says. “And unfortunately the girls don’t feel they can speak out, because they are very grateful about the position they are in compared to where they were a few years ago. Meanwhile, the Hundred is due to start next year and apparently there is lots of money coming into the women’s game as a result, but I haven’t heard one snifter of information about the finer details.”Yet those whose glass is half full believe that the England and Wales Cricket Board’s plan to invest £20m into the women’s game in 2020 and 2021 shows that it has a rosy future. The Kia Super League will be scrapped and eight semi-professional teams – which are expected to be based on regions rather than counties – introduced from next year.The ECB stresses it wants to raise the number of professional female players in England – which is currently just over 20, far below the 90 or so in Australia – but also make the women’s game better at all levels. “There is broad agreement with our headline plans to develop compelling cricket activities for girls in secondary schools, strengthen the club offer for players of all abilities, and invest in the county talent pathway for girls,” it said. “We will also build a new semi-professional competition structure in both 50-over and T20 formats – each team being underpinned by a year-round academy – and maximise investment through areas of alignment between the new eight-team semi-professional competition structure and the Hundred.”The ECB also confirmed that it had spent the past eight weeks having meetings with the 39 counties to discuss how best to invest £20m in 2020 and 2021 and looked forward to presenting its plans more fully soon.The former England player Lydia Greenway says she is optimistic about the future of the women’s game, pointing out the growing number of matches covered on the BBC and Sky. “From that point of view it has been brilliant to see brilliant female role models,” she says. “When I rewind back to when I started playing I had to go on the internet for some dodgy stream.”However, she does have sympathy with county female players grinding away without much love or attention. “They aren’t expected to be paid thousands. It is more about feeling valued.”That is something that supporters of the inaugural women’s day hope is evident in matches all the way from Cumbria to Cornwall. Topics features Support The Guardian Since you’re here… Read more Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share via Email Cricket Sign up to the Spin – our weekly cricket round-up Share on Pinterest Women’s cricket Reuse this content
ANN ARBOR, MI – OCTOBER 01: Michigan Wolverines head football coach Jim Harbaugh throws the ball during the pregame warms ups prior to the start of the game against the Wisconsin Badgers at Michigan Stadium on October 1, 2016 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. (Photo by Leon Halip/Getty Images) *** Local Caption ***Jim HarbaughJim Harbaugh is known for his colorful personality on Twitter. Today, he’s using his account to show off some Michigan moms for Mother’s Day.Harbaugh has posted eight photos of Michigan mothers and their sons so far this morning. Loving & Dedicated Moms of Michigan Football – Glenda McCray, Paula O’Korn, Erica Kinnel & Susan Bunting. pic.twitter.com/ZonxmftThj— Coach Harbaugh (@CoachJim4UM) May 8, 2016Loving & Dedicated Moms of Michigan Football – Sela Litia Tu’ipulutu Mone, Carolyn Malzone, Kesha Bush & Pam Gedeon. pic.twitter.com/GfKpglB35f— Coach Harbaugh (@CoachJim4UM) May 8, 2016This is very cool on Harbaugh’s part. Hopefully he puts up some more photos as the day goes on.